terms and conditions
Any Registration containing incorrect, unreliable or incomplete information shall not be taken into account and shall disqualify the Innovator and/or the Innovator's Team from the Challenge.
Upon registration, the Innovator accepts the Code of Conduct of the Challenge.
Code of conduct
We are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, ability, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, and religion (or lack thereof). All we care is talent and participation.
This code of conduct outlines our expectations for all those who participate in our community, as well as the consequences for unacceptable behaviour.
We invite all those who participate in Geekathon to read these guidelines and help us create safe and positive experiences for everyone.
promoting a welcoming and inclusive environment
A supplemental goal of this Code of Conduct is to create and foster a welcoming and inclusive environment by encouraging participants to recognize and strengthen the relationships between our actions and their effects on our community.
The following behaviours are expected and requested of all community members:
- Participate authentically and actively.
- Exercise consideration and respect in your speech and actions.
- Attempt collaboration before a conflict.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and your fellow participants.
- Alert the organizers if you notice a dangerous situation, someone in distress, or violations of this Code of Conduct, even if they seem inconsequential.
The following behaviors are considered harassment and are unacceptable within our community:
- Violence, threats of violence, or violent language directed against another person.
- Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
- Posting or displaying sexually explicit or violent material.
- Posting or threatening to post other people's personally identifying information ("doxing").
- Personal insults, particularly those related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, or disability.
- Inappropriate photography or recording.
- Inappropriate physical contact. You should have someone's consent before touching them.
- Unwelcome sexual attention. This includes sexualized comments or jokes; inappropriate touching, groping, and unwelcomed sexual advances.
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following (online or in-person).
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior.
- Sustained disruption of community events, including presentations.
consequences of unacceptable behaviour
Unacceptable behaviour from any community member, including sponsors and those with decision-making authority, will not be tolerated.
Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behaviour is expected to comply immediately.
If a member of the event engages in unacceptable behavior, the community organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including a temporary ban or permanent expulsion from the event and community tools and forums.
If you are subject to or witness unacceptable behaviour, or have any other concerns, please notify the organizers or staff members as soon as possible.
geekathon organizers contacts
You can reach the organization in many ways:
- Slack channel
- staff members in the venue
Reach out to us via email if you have any questions, we're always happy to help: email@example.com